Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'M BACK!

Well it has been a little over 4 years since my last post.  I am not sure what brought me back but perhaps this could be some sort of a journal.  Brandi and I have been lamenting how we haven't been very good at documenting what has been going on.  I am sure several of my posts for the next little bit may be a bit of a catch up from what I can remember.  Lucky for you I have a crappy memory.  I decided maybe the inspiration for my return to blogging could be that I am again in a fantasy football league for the first time in 4 years.

We have been blessed with 3 wonderful children. Katherine keeps us on our toes.  Diabetes certainly hasn't slowed her down.  The other day Katherine and David went to the doctors office for their check-ups.  David was due for a flu shot and for any of you who know David that is not something he relishes.  After what seemed like an eternity of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth the doctor finally turned to David and said "the academy award for most dramatic goes to David!"  Katherine was observing this from her perch on the examination table.  In her kind, compassionate demeanor she turned to David who was sitting on one of the chairs and innocently asked David would you like to know how much it will hurt?  Surprisingly David said yes.....Katherine with a wry smile launches herself off the table and mid-flight kicks David in the shin as hard as she can......when she lands she turns to him and matter of factly says......"less than that!"  David and the doctor were mostly in shock and Brandi was trying not to laugh.

For the second year in a row Katherine will have an interesting school picture.  Last year she had an allergic reaction on picture day and her eyes were almost swollen shut! So this year Brandi was trying to make sure she was extra pretty.  She spent most of the morning dolling her up and then drover her to school to avoid any mishaps.  Unfortunately, Katherine was late and running to class and tripped and went down hard.  She skinned up her arm and hands and of course her chin which made her look like she has a soul patch or raspberry patch.  When we get the pictures back I will post this years and last years for comparison.

Jack has his mother wrapped around his little finger.  He has gotten into the habit of waking up several times each night and coming into our room for a snack, drink or whatever.  Brandi being the caring mother she is would get him a snack and a drink and we have now started a terrible habit!  I am not quite so loving.  Last week Katherine had a bout with a stomach bug and ended up in the hospital overnight.  I was at home with the kids and it had been several late nights and I was exhausted.  About 2 am I woke up to the sound of slurping....I roll over and laying next to me is Jack in the fetal position going to town on his fingers....if you have ever seen the way he does it he puts his fingers in his mouth with his palm facing away from his face.....try it some time it hurts.  Anyway I enjoyed our special little moment for about 20 seconds and then picked him up and took him back to bed.  As I have told this story several times apparently most women I have talked to after saying ahhhh said how could I take him back?  I agree I shouldn't have carried him I should have just pushed him out of bed and had him walk back himself :)

Again sorry in advance if some of these posts are boring but I want to try and remember things so bear with me.

1 comment:

Amanda Stewart said...

Welcome back! Jack is so funny. He sure loves his mom! Can't wait for Katherine's school pics