Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Morning

Well it is 10 am and Brandi is still sleeping.  She had a migraine last night and has had several busy nights because I have had several events this week.  I have another Katherine story from yesterday.  Brandi had taken Katherine and Jack to run a couple of errands.  They have both been very tired and crabby lately.  From inside the house I could hear Brandi open the door from the garage....I then hear Katherine let out a scream and start to cry.  I then hear begin to berate Jack and do something in retalliation.  Katherine then pleads her case to her mother to no avail.  I then hear her footsteps and quickly realize she is coming to me to administer justice.  She comes into my bedroom and relates to me the story about how had maliciously laid in wait for her to then slam the car door on her arm.  I tried to punt back on Brandi and fulfill my roll as she affectionately refers to me as "Drive-By", and told Katherine she needed to petition Brandi because she had seen it and was there.  Katherine then said those imortal words that every father who has been held out as the devil love to hear....."but Dad you give out the naughty, mean punishments mom doesn't"...finally recognition for my work!  So far the only time in our marriage our kids come to me and it is to be the enforcer against one of their siblings.  Glad for the attention I took her hand and we went and found Jack together!  The rest of the story is to graphic for young readers but needless to say Katherine appreciated the swift justice I delivered.

P.S. - I like to talk tough but if you think for a moment Brandi let me do anything to her baby you haven't been around for awhile.  I was able to at least let Katherine believe their would have been blood of it weren't for her mother defending Jack!  Unfortunately my new found ally's loyalty and love faded by bedtime when there was weeping and wailing because I was putting her to bed instead of her mother.  I can't win!

No comments: