Saturday, September 15, 2012

The $900.00 Chuck-E-Cheese Token

A former Draft post I just discovered from 2008:

Unfortunately we were unable to go with my family up to the ranch over the labor day weekend.  The kids and I were going to go up but there was a chance Jack was going to have to go back into the hospital.  So we sent David up with the Hemmerts and I stayed to help Brandi.  Luckily Jack started eating and his johndis number came down and we stayed home.  In preparation to going up to the ranch I decided to get a tune up on the van and also get the DVD player fixed.  It stopped working about 6 months ago.  We left our van at the dealership and they said they would call and let us know what was wrong with the DVD player.  Later that day they called and regretted to tell me that they couldn't find anything wrong with it but it would need to be replaced.  The bad news being it is going to cost me $900.  I gave them the go ahead to order the new player and install it.  The next day I got a phone call telling me the car was finished and they had some great news.  When the technician pulled DVD player our and set it down he heard a "clink" he picked it back up and a chuck-e-cheese token fell out.  He then hooked it back up and hallelugha it worked.  They were nice enough to return the now $900 token.  Now I feel guilty for wanting to take the $900 out of my kids hide.

No comments: