Sunday, August 31, 2008

Katherine Greets Her New Baby Brother







By this time Katherine has been staying at her Nana's house for about 4 days and is missing her mother something fierce.  We have all been a little worried about how Katherine will handle a little competition.  The big day finally came yesterday when Brandi got home from an early morning doctors appointment.  As Brandi walked into the room Katherine ran to her squealing and excited, surprisingly more to see her new baby brother over her long lost mother.  Jack now has 2 mothers.  

Jack gave Katherine and David presents when he came home yesterday and Katherine's was a baby.  Katherine is all over Jack. She wants to feed him, hold him, see him what is he doing and whenever you answer any of her questions you then deal with the automatic Katherine follow-up question of WHY?  Needless to say one of my favorite things to do is to turn this on her and ask her why until she becomes quite annoyed and yells at me to stop and leave her alone! or "What is your problem!"  I thought she would now obviously see how this is annoying and stop but alas no, everything is still WHY?

6 comments:

michelle said...

I haven't seen Katherine in a while. She is quite a beauty. What a cute family. Brandi looks amazing. Jack is darling. David it dosn't get any better than this. Love Aunt Michelle

Janine said...

I'm so excited for your family, the baby is adorable and Katherine is going to be the perfect "second mommy"! I can't wait to see little Jack in person!

The Brockbanks said...

David, I am so impressed by your blogging skills! What a fun time. Jack is beautiful! I want to come and see him and bring a present. Let me know when would be a good time. I am so excited for your family!
Thanks
Nan

The Ferry Bunch said...

"If I had a baby, I would name him Johnny", said Johnny.

Atkins Family said...

Katherine looks just like Brandi when she was little, especially in that first photo! I hope Hazel will warm up to the new baby like Katherine has!

p.s. Where are the pictures from her birthday party? You're slacking.

Amanda Stewart said...

Hi David! Little Jack is so precious. I am happy I got to see him the other night. And I love Katherine's smile, she is adorable.