Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Beach

Well now I am back in the blogging world from a summer long hiatus I thought I would post one of my draft postings from our disneyland trip in May that never quite got posted. Cute pictures! I hope I will stay more on top of this but who knows.


After a fun day at the beach we rented a bike and rode it down the boardwalk. This wasn't just any bike it would seat 12 people! We were quite the spectacle. Johnny was in front and supposedly steering. The highlight was when we would all stop pedaling and Johnny would be the only one.

My cute little beach rat

David buried with Gibson watching and then Grandma jane with David. She was a lifesaver on the trip!



Just another day at the beach.  Katherine's fever was now gone so after a feast cooked by our amazing hosts we headed off to Newport Beach.  Katherine was knocked down by a wave early on and didn't recover for quite awhile.  She got sand in her mouth and every time she tried to wipe it out she would put more sand in from her hands.  It was pretty sad.  Brandi rescued us all and took her on the peer.

Mostly we built sandcastles and played in the water.  Johnny tried to do some boogie boarding but never quite caught the big one.  Gibson ate about a third of his weight in sand.  He literally 
shoveled it in as you see below.
Brandi and were talking about how much fun we had on this trip. Johnny and Jen were amazing hosts.


3 comments:

Becca said...

The Ferrys are totally the best.

The Ferry Bunch said...

Let me just say, a great visit by a great family.

The Ferry Bunch said...

Johnny was the best 8-wheeler bike driver ever..."I live life on the edge" he was once quoted saying.