Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Katherine!

On Tuesday our little Katherine turned 3 years old. She informed David that she is now older than he is. A great argument ensued and David finally told her when he had his birthday on Saturday he would be older than her. She of course had to have a princess party. We had both our families over for what was originally supposed to be cake and ice cream. Brandi then decided if people were coming over for cake we could order some pizza as well. I didn't really feel like pizza and so as usual things evolved from cake and ice cream to pizza to BBQ. (For those of you who have kids this is beginning to sound like the two kids books , "If you give a pig a pancake" and "if you give a mouse a cookie" for those of you not familiar with these literature classics this joke is lost on you) I told Brandi I would handle everything and she could just rest. Keep in mind it was her idea to have everyone over in the first place. Things of course got a little crazy with 14 adults and 9 children under the age of 8, but hey i grew up with crazy. Of course for our BBQ we couldn't just have one meat because some people don't like fish or beef or whatever. That combined with the fact that my brother Justin and I went to Costco and we were a little bit hungry. We came home with salmon, tri-tip and Brats, salad, cucumbers, corn (from a stand), artichoke dip and I think that is it. I did my best to keep Brandi out of the kitchen but she kept getting asked questions and ended up doing more than she should have, but it was a lot of fun and Katherine was thrilled.

Sorry back to the Birthday. Growing up in my family birthdays tended to be shall we say on the mild to non-existent side. In Brandi's family it is the Prom, New Years Day Parade, Cinco de Mayo all rolled into one! First we have Balloons, princess cups, plates, napkins, table cloth streamers, and a pinata among several other things. This is for our 3 year old it gets crazier when you have friend parties like David will have this Saturday which we sent out Star Wars invitations to. Don't worry those of you asking will he blog on the David Birthday, I will unless I am precluded by an exclusive arrangement with one of Brandi's smut magazines US and In Touch who are vying for the rights.

Sorry I keep getting off point. The festivities started with the aforementioned BBQ. Then we went outside and the kids took turns at whacking a princess crown Pinata. Following the pinata we had everyone inside for cake and ice cream a presents. Pictures are below! For those of you who haven't seen the slide show thing below before (myself included until about 20 minutes ago) if you want to see the pictures with out the border and hearts click on the link underneath that says "View All Images" and you can see them more clearly.

6 comments:

Atkins Family said...

I was dying with this blog. I had to read it to Ben. Especially the birthday part about how in our family it's a parade and all those other lovely occasions you included. He feels the same way! I miss your tri tip, when you come to England in november you should pop up and cook me one. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, I am missing out on so much!

susan bunker said...

Awesome party! Great description! Brandi should be hangin' low...doesn't she know?

Griffin Family said...

I loved the slide show!! We sure had fun at the party!! Way to go Dave for keeping up on the family blog!!

Unknown said...

"Oh Mom." Nice party you guys.

Miller Family said...

You are Ryan are kindred spirits. The great love of food must come on the Stewart gene.

Janine said...

Now that's the way to do a party...I love it! I need to some see that cute baby Jack! love you guys